Front Cover

My front cover is based on the existing music magazine, 'Q'. I have taken inspiration from their logo to create my own around the title of my magazine- 'Rewind.' The close-up image of my model is supposed to be minimal as i wanted the focus to be on the eyes. This is because the make-up is typical of Lady Gaga. I have used a mid-shot photograph which allows eye contact with the chosen model, this therefore means my magazine would potentially catch the attention of passing customersUnlike 'Q' however, I have chosen to only use one main coverline; this is because any more would draw attention away from my image which i wanted to be the main focus point. The banner across the top of my front page reads 'The UK's biggest selling music magazine'; this is similar to 'Q''s 'The UK's biggest music magazine'. It enforces the popularity of the magazine and becomes a well-known fact that it is a big seller.
I have followed the conventional 'Z' pattern and positioned my masthead in the top left corner and my main cover line along the bottom. As I have only used one cover line, the 'Z' pattern works very successfully as the two largest and most important texts on the cover are along the top and bottom of the 'Z' shape.
Contents page
I would say that my contents page is not very similar to existing magazines. There are not as many pages as there would be in, for example, 'Q'. However, it is fast and easy to find the article you are looking for as there are clear titles and page numbers displayed before a short summary of what will be included in the article.
I have kept a brand identity as i have used the same shade of blue and included the 'R' logo.
My images are all mid-shots and are anchored by a c aption which reads, 'Newcomer, Abigail Taylor'.
I decided not to include an editors note as it did not fit in with the layout and i felt it was not essential. When analysing this page, i have realised i could have easily included a website address which is often used in convential music magazines.
Double-page spread I have chosen to use the conventional layout of having one page of my double-page spread as an image with a quote and the second page containing my article.
I have used the common form of 'question and answer' to write my article. This form is easy to read and has multiple entry points as you can start reading at any of the questions. I have also chosen to include a 'Fact File' which is again another entry point and the reader can quickly access information about the chosen celebrity.
The brand identity is continued in these pages as i have used the blue font and used blue for the Fact File box.
I have kept a brand identity as i have used the same shade of blue and included the 'R' logo.
My images are all mid-shots and are anchored by a c aption which reads, 'Newcomer, Abigail Taylor'.
I decided not to include an editors note as it did not fit in with the layout and i felt it was not essential. When analysing this page, i have realised i could have easily included a website address which is often used in convential music magazines.
Double-page spread I have chosen to use the conventional layout of having one page of my double-page spread as an image with a quote and the second page containing my article.
I have used the common form of 'question and answer' to write my article. This form is easy to read and has multiple entry points as you can start reading at any of the questions. I have also chosen to include a 'Fact File' which is again another entry point and the reader can quickly access information about the chosen celebrity.
The brand identity is continued in these pages as i have used the blue font and used blue for the Fact File box.



No comments:
Post a Comment