Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Q7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

My preliminary task consisted of creating a new school magazine. I concentrated on the Sixth Form and used cover lines relating specifically to their timetable and events in and out of school.
My music magazine is a women's music magazine focusing on current artists of the pop genre.

Looking back at my preliminary task, it is obvious i have gained skills and knowledge of not only the programmes i have used, but how existing magazines use layout and literary techniques. When I created my Sixth Form magazine, i used the programme 'InDesign'; this was because i thought it would be simple to insert text etc. I struggled using this programme as I was not familiar with it, which meant i had less time to focus on making it look professional and spent more time figuring out how to use the tools.

When I came to create my music magazine, I decided to use 'Photoshop'. This not only saved time- because I am familiar with the software- but made my magazine look more professional as I could edit my original images; erasing imperfections, brightening eyes and strengthening colours.

The audience research i conducted for my preliminary task also helped greatly as it enabled me to see what i was doing well and what needed improving. For example, the font i chose to use in my preliminary task was described in my feedback as looking too much like a fashion magazine. This inspired me to use a Sans Serif for my logo to keep it looking modern and also incorperated the rewind sign into the 'R' to keep it focused on the music element.

No comments:

Post a Comment